|Homer stops by the Kwik-E-Mart on the way home from work and witnesses a robbery committed by Krusty the Clown. He positively identifies the clown as the thief, and Krusty is arrested. Krusty is kicked off his show, and Sideshow Bob becomes the new host. Devastated, Bart refuses to believe that his idol is guilty and sets out to prove Krusty's innocence.
Bart returns with Lisa to the scene of the crime to search for clues. They reason that Krusty could not have used the microwave as depicted by the hidden camera footage, because he wears a pacemaker. They also surmise that Krusty would not have been reading at the magazine rack, because he is illiterate. They conclude that Krusty was framed.
At a live broadcast of "The Sideshow Bob Cavalcade of Whimsy," Bart reveals the imposter. Sideshow Bob had the most to gain by Krusty's downfall. Unlike Krusty, the imposter had feet large enough to completely fill Krusty's clown shoes- that's why he yelled when Homer stepped on his feet. Bart contends that the big feet belong to Sideshow Bob and demonstrates the fact by bashing Bob's feet with a mallet. Sideshow Bob admits that he framed Krusty because he was tired of being the brunt of Krusty's jokes. Krusty is set free. He thanks Bart for his help.
THEY ARE LAUGHING AT ME, NOT WITH ME.
- Bart drinks a can of Cola
- Krusty shoots Sideshow Bob out of a cannon loaded with a barrel of Gun Powder
- Marge asks homer to pick up a "half gallon of premium ice cream"
- Patty and Selma show a slideshow from their trip to Yucatán
- The Kwik-E-Mart has signs such as Burger 2 for 99˘, People with Pacemakers Should Stay Away from This Thing, Play and Win, Fresh Milk Shakes in a Can 99˘ and Buy Duff Beer
- The Kwik-E-Mart magazine selection features Travel, Muscle, Gruc, Fun, Pets, Sport, Date, Dance, Bucks, Teen, Comic World and The Springfield Review of Books
- Homer dives into a stand of Crisp Chips
- In the police lineup Krusty was clown number 4 of 5
- Homer buys Triple Chocolate Ice Cream at the Kwik-E-Mart
- The Springfield Action News substitute anchorman is Scott Chritian
- Hobo Hank is a rival clown on another television station
- The robbery at the Kwik-E-Mart occurs at 7:32 pm
- The pull-string Krusty doll sayings include "Your my best friend, buy my cereal (laughter) and I didn't do it".
- Timely Magazine features Krusty on the cover as Krook of the Year
- Newsweekly Magazine features Krusty on the cover with Rhymes with Dastard
- Today's Guns Magazine features Apu on the cover with 357 Magnum The Cown Stopper
- Krusty started as a street mime in Tupelo, Mississippi
- Krusty has his own line of pork products which may have led to his near fatal on-the-air heart attack in 1986
- Krusty had triple bypass surgery and wears a pacemaker
- Krusty's jail number is A113
- Krusty Dolls $5.00 are available at the Krusty toy burning bonfire
- Krusty is illiterate
- Sideshow Bob runs Sideshow Bob Enterprises
- The Krusty the Clown Show is retitled The Side-Show Bob Calvacade of Whimsy
|Notable Characters in This Episode
|Watch / Purchase this Episode